Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom's Fall Too

"When I say, "My foot is slipping", your love, Lord, holds ms up. When cares increase within me, your comfort gives me joy." Psalm 94:18-19

Motherhood is the hardest job on Earth. We are entrusted to raise up our little one's in a loving and warm environment. Sounds easy right? Before I had children I had no idea I would someday be on my knees praying for God to give me the knowledge and the strength to be a good mother. Many mothers don't discuss when we fall. We want everyone to think we're a great and perfect mom.

We have screaming kids, sick kids, fighting kids, mean kids, selfish kids, and all other sorts of crazy behavior kids. We aim to stay perfectly composed and handle the situation with the greatest of ease.... please can I met this mom because I want to know how she does it. In reality we all fall short. When we fall to our knees our Lord is there to hold us up. I love this psalm "My foot is slipping". I just in vision a mother saying this.

It goes further to say "When cares increase within in me, your comfort give me joy". As mothers we carry the burdens of our children in our hearts. From the time we find out we are pregnant or that we are getting a child until the day we leave this earth we worry and carry our children in our hearts. We must trust in our Lord and let his "comfort give me joy". Can you imagine a greater person to comfort you then our Lord?

We have up and down days as mothers. God is with us each step of the day. When times are tough and your kids are screaming and not listening, remember the "Lord is holding you up" even if you feel like your about to fall into the Grand Canyon.

Happy Monday, this week remember when you are having hard moments to seek the comfort of God..... a little prayer goes a long way. He's always listening.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for that today! I needed it. I pray that I make good, wise decisions that are not selfish. I know that the Lord is in control.

    Hope you have a wonderful week as well :)

    ReplyDelete