Thursday, November 11, 2010

Inspiration and Reflection

A few weeks ago a good friend of mine lost her husband at the young age of 40. He left behind a beautiful wife and 1st grade daughter.

This really hit home, they take Will (my 7 year old) home from school each day. We absolutely adore their family. He was a vibrant man whose love of Christ was apparent. He was a youth minister at a local church. As I read her facebook I saw how many lives he touched by simply sharing his love of Christ with other people. I watched his funeral online his life inspired me to start this new blog. I want to share how I feel and what I encounter as I try to pave my way to heaven.

What is also showed me is that you really leave everything material behind. When you die your car's in the garage, your keys in the table, dirty clothes in the hamper, to-do lists un-finished, and all the other daily things we do.

Death for most comes unexpected so we must live life each day the way we are asked to by Christ. This isn't something we can do "tomorrow" it starts today.

We want to be remembered by how we loved and the lives we touch not our things. Who really cares about the purses, houses and clothes? It's all about you, the inside you. God loves us all. We all fall short and sin. God gave us the gift of his son, Jesus. He died for all our sins and all of our short comings. He then rose from the dead and opened up the kingdom of heaven for his people. This is the major connection for all the Christian religions. God wants us "red, and yellow black and white they are precious in his sight... Jesus Loves the little children of the world."

We are all children in God's eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. His family is in my prayers. Sometimes it is hard for me to remember that you can be here one minute and gone the next. I have been trying to be a good role model for my children and live in a way that glorifies God. I struggle daily though. I just remember that God loves me no matter what and I should just live to please Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect reminder. It is so easy to get caught up in "what needs to be done." When really, it's relationships that matter. I needed this today!

    ReplyDelete