Monday, January 24, 2011

God's Children

1 Corinthians 1:10

I urge you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.

What a powerful message from Paul in 1 Corinthians. We Christians were all baptized in the name of the father, son and holy spirit and believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins. We are very divided today in different faith traditions and labels.

Over time the churches have broken away to form new faiths taking and changing things that the leaders didn't like.

This is not the way Christ wanted it. Imagine the possibilities if we were all able to unite together as Christians regardless of the name on our church. We all believe in the fundamentals and read the same Bible.

As a Catholic many people ask if I am a Christian, I respond with "yes of course". I believe in the same Jesus and I pray to him just like you do. We differ in our traditions and Sunday services.

None of us here on Earth are given the duty to judge who gets in the gates of heaven and who doesn't. That is a task I'm thankful for. My children have been told they are not going to heaven because they are Catholic. Where does this come from? Parents.

I think twice before I offer judgement on other faiths. There are many things we do not know and understand about each other. Let's love one another.

I don't think heaven has lines that are labeled "Baptist, Catholic, Church of Christ, Non-Denomination". We're all God's children let's work toward changing what we can with our families and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment